All Carbon Infused Pathfinder 2300HPS

slyshon

On 12/21/2018 at 3:30 PM, DonV said:

NICE!!.......going with the Bennett Bolts. When my 40 year old hydraulics go, wait make that IF my 40 year old hydraulics go "belly up" I'm moving up to the Bolts!!

Must be a retro kit, to fit Lenco trim planes.  Bennett tabs don't have screws on the bottom, dragging through the water like Lenco tabs do.  Sorry, but I'm OCD about any unnecessary additional drag, and I'm surprised at how much of a spray/turbulence trail those screws make when I'm running my boat (with tabs in use most of the time - RF 16).  Every little bit of slickness traveling through the water helps.

• Like 1

Hey Skip,

I have a lot of questions about this boat. I don’t care much about riding on it, but more about the wiring arrangement, data network and battery usage. Will the boat be available for a thorough walk through or strictly sea trials? Also, with the placement of the head unit, I assume it will be controlled via remote? Is there more coring in the console for the charger and amplifies or did you mount it to black Starboard/pvc board/custom lay up additional piece of carbon? The batteries appear to be lithium, do you have a weight savings on that alone? Plans for a trolling motor? 

I’m not too far from the factory and don’t mind a road trip for some q&a. 

Thanks!

13 hours ago, BradM said:

Hey Skip,

I have a lot of questions about this boat. I don’t care much about riding on it, but more about the wiring arrangement, data network and battery usage. Will the boat be available for a through walk through or strictly sea trials? Also, with the placement of the head unit, I assume it will be controlled via remote? Is there more coring in the console for the charger and amplifies or did you mount it to black Starboard/pvc board/custom lay up additional piece of carbon? The batteries appear to be lithium, do you have a weight savings on that alone? Plans for a trolling motor? 

I’m not too far from the factory and don’t mind a road trip for some q&a. 

Thanks!

Boat is a demo we will use here for a bit and we plan to display it in Miami next month.  We can set up a time for you to come here and see it. 

Skip

• Like 1

We have the final weight as rigged and the weight savings over a standard build are really remarkable! This boat as seen in the pictures below weighs 2870lbs. Somewhat difficult to compare apples to apples here but a standard build with the same options would be around 3825lbs. a savings of about 1000lbs., that's significant! We saved 182lbs on the batteries alone using the new Lithium batteries which are 20lbs each compared to 65lbs of a 31 series lead acid battery. 

More to come, stay tuned as we will have the boat on the water tomorrow!

Skip

Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 2.04.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 2.08.51 PM.png

• Like 1

Pretty incredible...Crunching some numbers, I would have to run as close to empty on fuel as possible, no batteries, no trolling motor, no stereo and no "me" to lose 1000 lbs. I know how much quicker my boat is light on fuel and without a passenger. This thing is going to move!

Someone drop a 24" Bravo 1 FS off at MBG! 

Performance Bulletin guess is 67 with a 4 blade and 69 with a 3 blade.

Real world guess is 65 with a 4 blade and 67 with a 3 blade.

Can't wait to see cruise and burn rates.