Battery Location on 2300 HPS

East Coast Dave

The previous owner of my boat had all 5 batteries in the hatch behind the leaning post.  I was curious where everyone else had their batteries on the boat?  I was thinking relocating the three trolling batteries inside the console.  It is impossible to get to them especially with to onboardnchargers in the same small hatch.

Thanks again!

Dave,

I have my 4 batteries in the same hatch with the minn kota charger (size of a small battery) and it is very tight.  I chose to leave them there when I replaced the original interstate batteries and went with AGM batteries to eliminate the need for maintenance and dealing with the access issue you mentioned.  It was time consuming to install the new batteries and connect the charging cables and keep everything neat.  An extra set of hands made it a little less of a challenge.  Main reason for going this route was not wanting to take on a wiring job to relocate to the console.  I figure once a year I will go through the hassle and take them out to do a full/thorough cleaning of the hatch.  Every time out I do inspect everything just to make sure nothing is showing any signs of issues.  I do believe there are others on the forum with 2300's that have batteries in the console so maybe there will be some additional info to hear about that configuration.

Chris

When I ordered my boat, I asked for the batteries to be installed in the floor hatch behind the leaning post. I only have 3 batteries (AGM) and the on board charger. I did rearrange most of the wiring in that compartment to have sufficient length to pull out one battery at a time for twice a year inspection and maintenance.   

If you want to move some batteries, I'd agree to move the trolling motor batteries. At least you won't have to add any wiring. 

16 hours ago, SCFD rtrd. said:

When I ordered my boat, I asked for the batteries to be installed in the floor hatch behind the leaning post. I only have 3 batteries (AGM) and the on board charger. I did rearrange most of the wiring in that compartment to have sufficient length to pull out one battery at a time for twice a year inspection and maintenance.   

If you want to move some batteries, I'd agree to move the trolling motor batteries. At least you won't have to add any wiring. 

I was thinking this would be the easiest route too. I get so frustrated trying to do anything in that hatch. Ther has to be a better way. I have to admit I like not having anything in the console though. 

Archived