So we got a visit from the ranger this weekend , at our camp , and he informed us that as of 2-1-19 , there is a $50 annual card that you must posess , and present when asked .

We showed em our test paper and was told , that is differant .

He also informed us since we launched in Plantation Parkway , did we need the card , and he said as of 2-1 , everyone needs to have the card .

Just passing it along .

🇺🇸☠️

Got pulled over by a friend of mine for a “safety check” today in Coot Bay. When we were done I asked about the boaters permit, he told me “we are waiting further direction as far as enforcement of the ENP boater permit goes”

For those that launch at Flamingo, I renewed my annual pass today for $55 and there is no longer a seperate boat ramp pass, so it ends up being less money than previous years. 

Great information, thank you. The way I'm reading this, even those of us who enter the ENP by boat and via launch ramp in Everglades city are required to have this entrance pass, is that correct? So in addition to what will eventually cost $50 for the boaters permit, we will also have to pay $55 for the annual pass. Neither of which were required prior to 2019. Am I understanding this correctly? Before reading these posts I was thinking these were the same permit/pass but it's not sounding like that now. Thank you in advance.

Forgot I had this:  guess both are required but since I took the test prior to 1/1 and got the "Boater Permit", my only out-of-pocket cost is for the annual entrance pass ($55).  So, this does turn out to be lower cost than in previous years (for the annual entrance pass/boat launch).  

V17pEUDTRX+093a1zz%98g.jpg

As of Feb 3rd, The boater permit isn’t required until the NPS gives the rangers guidance on requirement / enforcement. Who knows when that will be. There is no longer a Flamingo “boat ramp pass” just the entrance pass (weekly, annually, etc...) is all you need. Yes... it’s cheaper for hauling a boat than in previous years. Same entrance fee for everyone, boat or not. 

Like Ralph said... they’re just figuring a way to get the guys coming from the north and south to pay. 

• Like 2

Ranger out of Everglades City that works the Choko docks told me that a boating permit will soon be required for all boats in ENP waters. He was not sure if it will be mandatory to have both an ENP boating permit & ENP park permit in the future or whether the permits will crossover so people like me that don't access Flamingo by road won't have to buy both permits. But like Jason said, they're definitely figuring out how to generate revenue from all boats that access ENP waters. 

On 2/5/2019 at 6:30 PM, Big Dave said:

Forgot I had this:  guess both are required but since I took the test prior to 1/1 and got the "Boater Permit", my only out-of-pocket cost is for the annual entrance pass ($55).  So, this does turn out to be lower cost than in previous years (for the annual entrance pass/boat launch).  

V17pEUDTRX+093a1zz%98g.jpg

Thanks Dave......here is the link page if anyone wants to sign up on line...just got mine $55 for the year....

pass.thumb.jpeg.de6ee404bbe2a03e97a5df84c8aadf76.jpegpass.thumb.jpeg.de6ee404bbe2a03e97a5df84c8aadf76.jpeg

• Like 1

On 2/11/2019 at 5:04 AM, jason p said:

I didn’t think about having it on my phone, they’re cool with that at the gate? I do have my “boaters permit” on my phone so I guess it’s the same. 

several years ago up in Alligator bay....DonH and I were stopped by a FWC officer.....I left my fishing lic in my other bag....he said if I had a copy of it, he'd take that as proof, but, without it, it cost me $80.00....and to get even worse, when I sent it in, they lost the payment I had made online....so, glad I kept a screen shot....they sent me a letter saying I was in violation of Federal Law....then called me telling me I would receive a summons or something...anyway, I had the proof of payment and sent them a photo copy.

DC

• Moderator pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2019 at 5:55 PM, Big Dave said:

So, is this it, or not?

fullsizeoutput_53db.jpeg

As far as I can see on the ENP site, there IS NOT REQUIREMENT FOR A "BOATING PERMIT" at this time.  The company listed on the original post is a private company, not govt.  They are pushing the permit for free perhaps as a way to harvest names and e-mails of boaters, perhaps for sale to the boating industry.

Nice "permit" you got there anyway.