New Yamaha 115 r stroke

YankeeRedfisher

You must have a reason to spend $6500, How many hours on the old motor?  Most people won't change unless the engine is showing it's age or other issues.  I would say the dealer is giving you about $3000 for your old motor

I have 2006 4 stroke Yamaha that works like a champ.  It is reliable with only 350 hrs and I travel into some remote areas of the 10k,so reliability is important. 

On 1/3/2019 at 3:32 PM, polliwog said:

You must have a reason to spend $6500, How many hours on the old motor?  Most people won't change unless the engine is showing it's age or other issues.  I would say the dealer is giving you about $3000 for your old motor

I have 2006 4 stroke Yamaha that works like a champ.  It is reliable with only 350 hrs and I travel into some remote areas of the 10k,so reliability is important. 

YES i HAVE A REASON. MY CURRENT MOTOR IS 16 YEARS OLD. i WANT TO HAVE PIECE OF MIND WHEN GOING SOME DISTANCE WHEN IN  FL ON VACATION. iT HAS 335 HRS ON IT, AND NO OBVIOUS PROBLEMS BUT i'M TOLD THE BLOCK HAS AN ISSUE WHERE THE THERMOSTATS HAVE CORRODED IT. mIGHT BE ON BORROWED TIME. 4 k TOWARDS A NEW 115 4 STROKE IS A DONE DEAL. i WAS JUST ASKING IF THE $6500 PRICE WAS A GOOD DEAL

That’s a fair deal and if a new motor makes you feel good about it for another 16 years that will be money well spent . Good luck hope you are on the water with your new motor soon  . Don’t ask after you pull the trigger it’s to late to do anything but enjoy the toy . 

Archived