Rewiring a 2001 2200v

Westhall55

I am contemplating on rewiring the Pathfinder before the season. Does anyone have a diagram or any tips that would help?  Also how would go about pulling wires to the front and back of the hull? Bow lights, stern lights, speakers etc. what wire to use and maybe some diagrams. Wiring is from 2001 and am loosening up and just doesn’t make me comfortable 

There should be a cord in the bilge that help with pulling wires in the tunnel.  If someone has not replaced it, then using a old control cable for a snake is my favorite substitution.

i would recommend only using tinned wire, there are a number of  marine wire dealers on the Internet, I think GenuineDeals is a popular choice.

You can use any color code you desire, but Pathfunder lists their color code in their manual.

I'm finishing up rewriting my MA right now. I got all my wire from Genuinedealz and everything else from Bestboatwire and Go2marine. You should have a large 3-4" pvc pipe going from console to the bilge. And mine had about a 1" raceway on the starboard side going from the rear compartment to the anchor locker area where I pulled the wires for everything up front. Your best bet is a fiberglass fish tape to pull all your wires in. 

Archived