Pathfinder 2200 xl questions

Croakerchoaker

Looking to possibly buy a pathfinder 2200 xl. My main concern is weight distribution. With both livewells full in the back you have 80 gallons of water roughly 500-600lbs of weight and then you add the fact it has a 600lb 250hp on the back. On the test ride the boat performed fine but when you load both livewells the back end realy seems to squat and you realy have to manage the tabs and jack plate to keep it from porpoising. Do the the new tournament edition 2200s do the same thing with a big motor and is this as much of a issue as I'm thinking it is?

I don't have the XL and know it is a heavier built hull than my 2200v tournament but with over half a tank of gas and full live wells my boat only needs a little trim tab to stop any of that and I've got a 250 hpdi hanging on factory jack plate. Now under half a tank it still doesn't need a lot but it does need some adjustment if people keep moving around. Now to get the bow down into a chop needs a good bit of tab but after that it does pretty good.