Selling boat: online options.

Tailchaser83

I have used pretty much everywhere in the past and honestly I usually end up finding a buyer on craigslist. The only downside is that you have to deal with a lot of people who aren't serious before finding someone. The big sites would be here, THT, craigslist, FB marketplace (if you have it), and boat trader. I always liked to offer the boat to this crowd first in hopes of selling my boat to someone who would be on this forum, it lessens the blow of selling a boat (I think). Post it up and best of luck!

If you have a boat in the MBG line, the THT and Florida Sportsman have worked well for me. Sold my Robalo years ago through the Boat Trader and was pleased with the results. Also sold a Redfisher at the boat ramp which was unusual. If you have a active boat repair shop in your area, you can build a flyer and see if they will post it in the shop.

I sold my 19' through Trick my Skiff on Facebook, in a day or two, but it appears that site is now gone? It's not the best time of year to sell, but that's a great boat and a fair price...Don't get in a hurry and give it away, the right buyer is out there.

2 minutes ago, BradM said:

I sold my 19' through Trick my Skiff on Facebook, in a day or two, but it appears that site is now gone? It's not the best time of year to sell, but that's a great boat and a fair price...Don't get in a hurry and give it away, the right buyer is out there.

Well I was thinking if we were talking about the boat and asking price it would give the op a good starting point. I obviously missed the boat as well as the price in this post .

49 minutes ago, HoneyB said:

I would run it here and on Craigslist before spending money for boat trader. If the boat is fairly priced it will get past around quickly. 

X2 I have had no problems with Craigslist. In the last few years I have sold a boat and 3 vehicles there, and quickly. I list it “no haggle pricing”. Just price it right.

11 hours ago, BradM said:

Appreciate the support.  Don’t want to sell and have time to enjoy. But the wife always wins.    I’ll plan on getting another boat soon  

• 4 weeks later...

an MBG product:  first list here.   You can do the Craigs List thing (and Boat Trader) and you will have the challenge of tire kickers, etc.. but both those sites get views.  Trick My Skiff is still on FB, also there is an independent Hewes/Maverick page on FB.    (we spend a LOT of money advertising boats, lots of paid and some low cost sites - boats this size gets most paid views on Boat Trader, my experience). 

Ive sold one or 2 boats on this forum. Generally I list on THT, craigslist, Facebook, here, and florida sportsman. Depending on interest and if the boat hasn't sold yet, I will list on Boat Trader after about 2 weeks. Boat trader is great for reaching people greater distances away.

My most recent sale was to a forum member here who was great to deal with. Nice to sell to people that are knowledgeable and know the brand (another advantage of listing on forums). 

Archived