Thinking about adding a tower to my 2400 TRS

I have a 2019 2400 TRS powered with a 250 SHO, I'm thinking of removing the hard t-top and adding a tower. Anybody have a newer 2400 TRS set up with a tower,  just wondering how it affected the performance, speed, fuel economy, any porpoising issues? I'm running an OFX19 4 blade prop and getting 5700 rpms and 50.5 mph WOT. My dealer mentioned it may porpoise with a tower, any feedback is appreciated. Didn't know where I could post this, so I hope this is the right forum, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2018 24' with a Yamaha 300hp  and had Quality T top fabricate an aluminum 3/4 tower and upper helm.  After trying the boat out it did have a tendency to ride nose high with some porpoising.  I installed a 5 degree negative wedge between the jack plate and motor which resolved alot of the flipper problem.  The aluminum tower is a lot lighter than the factory fiberglass one  but is a little heavier than most T tops.  There is also a little more drag.  Right now we are trying several prop sizes trying to get the most out of it!

20180623_132859.jpg

• Like 1

What kind of numbers RPM vs MPH,  Top end? What kind of tower  do you have?  Ive been testing several 15 1/4 dia and did ok with the 19 pitch but could only reach 5500. Yamaha wants to see 5800-5900 with that I was getting 51 mph. I tried the 18 and started losing grip.  The 151/4 x 21 that came with the boat was way too much resulting in a horrible hole shot and only got to 5000rpm.   The prop I like the best so far was a 4 blade turbo OS-1 141/2"x17   The hole shot was great top end at 5800 was 51mph plus it gave me a little stern lift!

• 3 years later...
On 2/20/2019 at 10:55 AM, Buzzarde said:

What kind of numbers RPM vs MPH,  Top end? What kind of tower  do you have?  Ive been testing several 15 1/4 dia and did ok with the 19 pitch but could only reach 5500. Yamaha wants to see 5800-5900 with that I was getting 51 mph. I tried the 18 and started losing grip.  The 151/4 x 21 that came with the boat was way too much resulting in a horrible hole shot and only got to 5000rpm.   The prop I like the best so far was a 4 blade turbo OS-1 141/2"x17   The hole shot was great top end at 5800 was 51mph plus it gave me a little stern lift!

I'm trying same prop on mine. I have 2010 2200v xl with 200hpdi vmax. It came with os-1 19 pitch and I could only swing it around 5400 at 52.9 mph empty. I just purchased same prop but in 17 pitch. Hope it does me well. Thanks for sharing.