Suzuki 15 spline the same as Yamaha 15 spline?

48 minutes ago, HewesYourDaddy said:

Are the hubs and splines the same? I want to test a couple of props when I get my boat back with new engine and I know a few guys using the props I want to test that have them on their Yammies. 

I don't think they are an exact match.  Solas does not list the same props as interchangeable on their website, and the Mercury Flo-Torq hub kits are different part numbers for the 4.25" gearcase on Yamaha vs. Suzuki.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
4 hours ago, Just Crusn said:

I just took my propeller from Yamaha 115 and put it on my 140 Suzuki, it seem to fit well. 

Thanks for reminding me about this...  I need to retract what I posted before, with a caveat.  I have installed a 15-spline prop on my new Suzuki 90, that I took off my previous Yamaha 115 SHO, and it fits on the shaft just fine.  However, you cannot use the same thrust washer with a pressed rubber hub prop on both motors, and you cannot use the same Flo-Torq type hub kit on both motors.  I bought 3 different brand (Merc, Solas, Michigan) Flo-Torq type hub kits to get just the right thrust washer for several different props I've tested lately.  If you buy a Powetech prop with the Cushion Lok hub, there is a specific Cushion Lok part number for each outboard manufacturer (Yamaha, Suzuki, Tohatsu).

• Like 1