Hot dogs and more in the ENP - Coto and Dino Adventure

Had the opportunity to fish with Forum Member Coto....we've know each other for many years, just never had a chance to get on the water....

He's normally a Flamingo fisherman, so I said, let's do the Choko run....

Off we went at 0630 or so from Outdoor resorts to a Blue Bird day....

dondinochoko-1.thumb.jpg.d1e92e00861fc8fde443366649391c48.jpg

Headed out to a few spots on the beginning of the incoming on the outside....

Found two flounder who went home for dinner....a few rat reds, a few smaller sized trout and small snook....

We fished the outside until about 1130 when we stopped for lunch....I brought along sabbat hotdogs (kept in a Yetti container :).....buns, some mustard and relish....

dondinochoko-2.thumb.jpg.ad3e35f52b7c7c1b366c86701e4addc6.jpg

dondinochoko-3.thumb.jpg.24f4dfb9b47aeabd76be7f2be7268954.jpg

We decided to head to the back.....Alex had not fished the back much in the past so we ran the Houston, stopped in House Hammock (a few ladies and small trout) and then made our way to a few new spots I had been fishing.....looked for my snook of last week to invite him for dinner...but, didn't find him home.....

Alex was on fire on the trout....he was using his secret lure and was out fishing me 3-1 on the trout....

We moved a few times, found a marauding school of jacks and it was non-stop for about 20 minutes...you couldn't get  through the jacks to anything...suddenly Alex almost had the fish of the day as a tarpon followed him to the boat and was spooked.....

We headed to my last spot of the day about 330 pm as the tide was slowing a bit and again, it was trout action....I had to pull out my new secret weapon - This one is for you Paul :)

Finally, I got into the game agains Alex (LOL)....

dondinochoko-4.thumb.jpg.6d4a3f61e9e92ad2c859173115a16b6a.jpg

Overall, a mixed bag day...nothing huge to brag about, other than some new spots to fish again, some meat in the purple bag of death for dinner tonight and some to feed the neighbors....

We slammed the boat with trout - too many to count, a 1/2 dozen rat reds, and a bunch of mini-snook....with the flounder as a bonus, ladies, jacks, snapper and nice day on the water....

Until the next time.....

DC

dondinochoko-5.jpg

Had a great time Dino! Some of them trout were hogs and I sure would of liked a second try at that tarpon but that's ok all can think about is how freaking amazing that FMT chip is. You ruined me now I have to sell my Garmin😡

9 hours ago, Coto said:

Had a great time Dino! Some of them trout were hogs and I sure would of liked a second try at that tarpon but that's ok all can think about is how freaking amazing that FMT chip is. You ruined me now I have to sell my Garmin😡

Have you seen the new G3 Garmin chips?

4 hours ago, Big Dave said:

Dino throwing plastic shrimp--who would have ever thought...

He had no choice the live shrimp he got were the size of a mini lobster and I think the fish were intimidated. He was forced to downsize with a DOA.

20 hours ago, conocean said:

DOA shrimp really work?!?

I sure hope they do.....I bought about 15 of varying colors as you recommended  the previous trip...I put them in a quart ziplock and when I got home, I thought it  had blown out of the yetti bucket....so, I went on to the DOA sight and ordered another $50 worth...I found the ziplock back at the bottom of the yetti bib....so, now I  got a ton of them....guess I'll be throwing them for a while :)

But, always have to buy a few doz hand selects from the bait babe...just to go in for the morning "vista"... :)

dc

Archived