Cover for trolling motor plug ?

When I installed my trolling motor, I used this 3" access plate made of 316 stainless with a rubber o-ring seal, to run the TM power cord through the deck, where the center pop-up bow cleat used to be: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CRR6ELW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1&psc=1

I drilled a 7/8" hole in the stainless plate for a watertight compression fitting to run the power cord through, and mounted the trolling motor plug below deck, out of the weather.  This SS access plate is also available in larger sizes (or a plastic plate could be substituted, if larger size is needed).  Btw, I ordered two of these plates, to have a second screw-in cap (without a hole drilled in it) to use when the TM is not needed, and taken off the boat.

0929182255.jpg

14 minutes ago, geeviam said:

One more thing... probably overkill, but I ground down the second access plate frame and used it as a backing plate, for extra strength under the deck, and through-bolted the two together, kind of like a Klegecell sandwich...  😀

0918180746.jpg

0918180746b.jpg

Very interesting there. Looks very clean. I would of figured that the trolling motor manufacturers offered a plate of some sort. 

Maverick/Hewes (MBG) sells a similar kit that might work as well.  You'd need to make sure the diameter is large enough to cover the hole, but here are the part numbers copied from a post on this forum:

"Did a little research on Larry's plug set up. Here are the part numbers and you can order them through your dealer. Pretty slick. They use a threaded deck fill and some coax adapters to pass thru the deck."

MBG part numbers

Larrys_setup1.JPG

Larrys_setup2.JPG

Larrys_setup3.jpg

Larrys_setup4.jpg

4 minutes ago, geeviam said:

Maverick/Hewes (MBG) sells a similar kit that might work as well.  You'd need to make sure the diameter is large enough to cover the hole, but here are the part numbers copied from a post on this forum:

"Did a little research on Larry's plug set up. Here are the part numbers and you can order them through your dealer. Pretty slick. They use a threaded deck fill and some coax adapters to pass thru the deck."

MBG part numbers

Larrys_setup1.JPG

Larrys_setup2.JPG

Larrys_setup3.jpg

Larrys_setup4.jpg

And this is through a non hewes dealer ?

Archived