Boat/engine appearance care.

HewesYourDaddy

You’ve proabaly read in one of my other posts that I have already put at least one coat of Meguiar’s wax on my new Suzuki. After all, black looks like dookie if you don’t keep it clean. So, this afternoon, I did something VERY simple to keep up the shine as well as remove water spots from last night’s wash. 5 minutes worth of work and showroom bright again. Highly recommend this product for any of you that like to keep a polish on your engine cowl and lower skirt. 

03AF04E0-D48E-4D38-A37D-74ED434CA0B8.jpeg

4 minutes ago, MuddyBottomBluz said:

Right there with ya, didn't spill a drop! Looks good, BUT let's see what is does against fish blood & guts!

First tournament for the new engine will be April 13. If I get fish blood and guts all the way back on the engine, then it deserves to stay there, because then I’ve had a really good day!

I’ve been working my way around mine for a week or so. I still have the outside to do, but the inside is getting there. Everything gets hit with the random orbit polisher; I’m currently running a Shurhold. The texture will get Woody’s Wax, the slick area’s will get Chemical Guys polish, glaze, and Boat Butter wax. A coat of Collonite Fleet wax will lock it down for summer.  The cowling will get the same treatment. 

Is there a wax or polymers in that speed detailer, HYD? I may try it, but think I’ll make the move to all Adam’s products when I run our of this Chemical Guys stuff. 

Woody wax is the shiz for inside the boat, easy application and looks great. On the subject of cleaning does anyone use a foam cannon with a electric or gas pressure washer to clean their boat? I used to when I helped my buddy detail boats and it makes it so much easier, I plan on getting an electric pressure washer and foam cannon for my boat after trips.

I used to use that starbrite polish and it was great. Maintain it with Lucas slickmist or similar and it will look awesome.

Ceramic is cool but the cost sucked. Washing the nonskid is easy though. Just get it wet and use a soft brush and rinse. Dirt doesn't stick. Takes 5 minutes to wash topside

10 hours ago, geeviam said:

I may give the ceramic coating a try.  However, I have to say that Star-Brite Premium Marine Polish is the finest polish/wax/sealer I have ever used.  It lasts a long time, and the deep shine is second to none.

Marine Polish PTEF.png

That is a BOGO @ West Marine right now .

Gots me six bottles .

🇺🇸☠️

You guys are going to make me go out and polish my boat today just for the heck of it! The weather is so nasty right now, there's nothing else to do. I can't work (knee), I can't do yard work (rain and 48deg!), I can't pressure wash the pollen that has built up on the side of my house (rain, again). Might as well make something shine, other than the sun!!!!!

15 hours ago, mulligan said:

Does the Hydrosliex or f11 bring the shine back or is it just protection?  My console and inside cockpit always need a good polish then wax to make it shine, then repeat every few months. 

The F11 does bring the shine back to a degree. Inside white I just do magic eraser on any scuffs and spray the F11 everywhere and microfiber it off. I get about 6 months out of it. The Pathfinder is grey and the Maverick black and I do need to use a little polishing compound on the sterns that face west into the setting sun everyday on their lifts. The hulls get done once a year when the boats are pulled for service. F11 really works well on the dark colors and again it's real easy to use. I can do the hull of the Maverick in about 1/2 hour and the Pathfinder in an hour.

Archived