No voltage display on GPS

HewesYourDaddy

Help! I just set up and installed a new Raymarine eS78. Most everything has been configured and figured out. One thing I can't get the unit to display is the Voltage in the "dialog" box set up for that parameter. The feature has been selected "on" to display. I'm at a loss. Anyone know what I haven't done?

Nosed around in the Raymarine site and searched on data overlay, etc. manual on line 350 pages couldn't find anything on U-Tube could have overlooked it, I'd call Navico with a cell at the unit and request them to walk ya thru it, I would bet its like DC has said drill down into the menu and probably simple steps. 

When I bought Dino's old Garmin, ya know, the one that puts him 50 feet in the mangroves, he had a GPS lab on his back patio. Between the new GPS, FMT and all the manuals, batteries and him wiring up the old one for me, if he had to go on the interweb and search for an answer, chances are you do too! Let us know what the out come was.

1 hour ago, MuddyBottomBluz said:

When I bought Dino's old Garmin, ya know, the one that puts him 50 feet in the mangroves, he had a GPS lab on his back patio. Between the new GPS, FMT and all the manuals, batteries and him wiring up the old one for me, if he had to go on the interweb and search for an answer, chances are you do too! Let us know what the out come was.

Trust Me!! - I’ve searched and searched.  Just talked to a guy that purchased same unit and installed it today. He has same thing with voltage readout.  Waiting on Raymarine tech forum to approve me so I can get an answer. It may be a software upgrade, but I don’t know why that would matter. 

Just found out that on the eS series, the voltage is only displayed when connected to a NMEA network. You can, however, go into one of the MFD info screens that gives you all of the specific info about that individual unit, and it will tell you the current voltage to the unit. I think this was upgraded on later software versions and the new Axiom units to display all of the time if you prefer. Quirky, but as long as I know that there is nothing wrong with my setup and I can find the info if needed.

Archived