Jump to content

Anyone go from Power Pole to Talon?


bernieNC

Recommended Posts

That is surprising. I still have one of the original PPs and have only recently replaced the piston, which they replaced for free and just wanted my old one to study how it held up for 15 years. Have you tried customer support? I don't know anything about Talon but PP customer service is top notch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I concur with the customer support being superb. If you have already spoken with them and have not resolved the issue then try the Talon however, is the PP an old unit that needs some upgrading? It is really a simple design and not much to remedy. What is the issue that you are having?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Buddy of mine just got new Talons.  very quiet and he loves them.  He likes the fact that the 12 footers dont go as high as the equivalent PP version because of the three part/telescoping design.   I was amazed at how quiet they are.   Think they have a deal if you get two right now, save $500 or so.

 

Having said that, when I get a shallow water anchor, it will be a powerpole.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, bernieNC said:

My PP has been unreliable for well over a year now and it needs to go. Would like to hear experiences folks have had with Talons now that they seem to have ironed out the kinks. 

Not common for anyone going from PP to Talon.....

99% of the time, their over the phone customer service fixes all issues.

 

dc

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bernie, 

Please send me an email to branden@power-pole.com or provide me with your contact information so we can discuss your experiences with our product. 

I'd like to do whatever we can to regain your faith in using our product and discuss some options on doing so.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, PowerPoleTech said:

Bernie, 

Please send me an email to branden@power-pole.com or provide me with your contact information so we can discuss your experiences with our product. 

I'd like to do whatever we can to regain your faith in using our product and discuss some options on doing so.  

Hard to beat the  customer  service these guys offer. I would never swap over to talon.. plus i do not care for the bulk of the talon hanging on a boat. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PowerPoleTech said:

Bernie, 

Please send me an email to branden@power-pole.com or provide me with your contact information so we can discuss your experiences with our product. 

I'd like to do whatever we can to regain your faith in using our product and discuss some options on doing so.  

Cant beat that right there

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I contacted power pole about my issue with 10 foot blades is the corrosion on the lower base and powder coating splitting. They said they could help me with that and quoted me $600 + dollars to fix. I have 2 10ft blades and boat is 2015. I didnt think that was much customer service beibg the cost of the 10ft blades and only being 4 years old. I take care of my stuff rinse after every use even deploy to rinse off. Not bashing the product I love them just would have expected a different experience based on what I have heard and seen on this forum.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/9/2019 at 7:52 AM, bernieNC said:

My PP has been unreliable for well over a year now and it needs to go. Would like to hear experiences folks have had with Talons now that they seem to have ironed out the kinks. 

😱

Got about a decade with them. MK gets the big ole 👎 I personally don't like MK customer service on anything they sell but I can't see the Talon surviving N FL mud bottom. Maybe ok on a hard bottom but just not for me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't have experience with the Talons but have had nothing but excellent service from Power Pole. Every time I see something on The Skiff forums on FB, THT, etc, it is overwhelmingly positive for Power Pole and their customer service. Just put 2 blades on my 21RF as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, KNOTNOW said:

I contacted power pole about my issue with 10 foot blades is the corrosion on the lower base and powder coating splitting. They said they could help me with that and quoted me $600 + dollars to fix. I have 2 10ft blades and boat is 2015. I didnt think that was much customer service beibg the cost of the 10ft blades and only being 4 years old. I take care of my stuff rinse after every use even deploy to rinse off. Not bashing the product I love them just would have expected a different experience based on what I have heard and seen on this forum.

Honestly that is the first time I have ever seen someone report paint chipping. I don’t blame you for being upset on a 600 dollar quote to repair. Did they say what might have caused the paint to fail?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, KNOTNOW said:

I contacted power pole about my issue with 10 foot blades is the corrosion on the lower base and powder coating splitting. They said they could help me with that and quoted me $600 + dollars to fix. I have 2 10ft blades and boat is 2015. I didnt think that was much customer service beibg the cost of the 10ft blades and only being 4 years old. I take care of my stuff rinse after every use even deploy to rinse off. Not bashing the product I love them just would have expected a different experience based on what I have heard and seen on this forum.

Knotnow,

Please reach out to me as well. I'd like to discuss the previous experience with our Customer Service staff and provide a better solution for you.  branden@power-pole.com

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I started this thread to get user input on Talons not to bash. So I could decide if I want to switch. To answer questions: Yes I have been in touch with PP may times. Intermittent problem still continues. I plan on calling yet again. I have an 8’ Blade (6 years old, intermediate use) that early on had spike and remote problems that they were able to help with. Almost 2 years ago it started having intermittent deploy/stow problems. I have been stuck in the marsh with PP deployed waiting for customer service to come to work. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t. Working with customer service they tell me they have replaced the board and rebuilt the pump. I have blown out the lines, replaced the fluid taken out the motor/pump sent it to them and reinstalled a couple of times, traced the electrical. It had worked again for a while until the other day. What is it doing? When you push a deploy button nothing moves but you can hear the motor/pump running and there is a solid green light on top. Next time out or trouble shooting it may work or it may not. Repeat again and again. Very frustrating to the point I actually avoid using it to keep from mentally ruining a good day fishing. It either needs to work or go, that simple.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sounds to me like the hinge points need rebuild and lubrication. Mine did that twice, I lubed the hinge points and it hasn't done it since. They do sell a rebuild kit, that I believe has new bushing. 

S@cks when you have troubles, but I would buy another power pole, before I buy Talon. Not every company can get it right every time, but how they support their mistakes says a lot. Power pole does that like no one else. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, hurricane said:

Sounds to me like the hinge points need rebuild and lubrication. Mine did that twice, I lubed the hinge points and it hasn't done it since. They do sell a rebuild kit, that I believe has new bushing. 

S@cks when you have troubles, but I would buy another power pole, before I buy Talon. Not every company can get it right every time, but how they support their mistakes says a lot. Power pole does that like no one else. 

I did not list it but I have checked and lubed the hinge points and feel certain the problem is not there. 

By no means am I set on going to another brand but am exploring options. Heck if I thought a stick it might hold a 22 Pathy in a ripping tidal current I would try one. A question I will have for PP will be is the mounting bolt pattern the same for the one I have and a new one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, HoneyB said:

Honestly that is the first time I have ever seen someone report paint chipping. I don’t blame you for being upset on a 600 dollar quote to repair

I'll be the second then.  They did replace the bottom bracket on mine once and now is starting to do it again but this time it will cost me if I want to have it replaced.  I will however continue to support them and would not have a boat without one on the back.

 

Bernie, mine was doing what you describe to a degree.  My issue was the lines not having enough slack in the "loop" where it entered the hull.  Just a thought.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...