delete

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Why do you have this motor? I mean why would someone get rid of this motor with so few hours? Prop included?

Do you have a business name?

I have a 2003 VMAX HPDI 150 with 520 hours and am considering going to a 4 stroke. It's had a full fuel system service and a new oil pump.

I was considering going to a new SHO 225 but am interested in learning about his motor. Seems a bit much for a 7/8yr old motor but am interested in learning more.

Thanks.

Brian

To answer your questions:

I have this engine as a trade in toward a lighter 115. The boat was way overpowered with the 150. As far as the hours go it is not unusual for me to have engines with under 100 hours.

I am the me/myself/I guy in the business. There are several members of this forum that have bought engines and parts off of me and are very satisfied. I have nice stuff.

I would take your engine in on trade. Just give me a call anytime.

As far as the price goes I do not think it is high as I have sold dozens of them in the same price range. I do get a higher price than others but I also have really nice stuff. I just sold a 2005 with 160 hours for $ 9400. $ 200 more and you get a 3 year newer engine with half the hours. Also, all of my engines are fully serviced using only Yamaha parts and all of the 150s have the balancer upgrade done ($800).

Feel free to call me anytime at 352-317-5105 anytime.

Thanks, Matt

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The balancer shaft ***embly on Yamaha F150s needs be changed to the newer design. If it is not changed the engine is at risk of blowing. Not worth the risk. Usual cost to have this done is $ 600-$800.

There is a fiber gear that comes apart on the balancer on the older style. The way to tell if you have the older style is if the engine has a slight wine on the balancer. Most people cannot hear it until I point it out to them, then they say "Oh yeah, I hear it now". The new balancer has an oil port that constantly squirts oil on the gears.

I do not sell a Yamaha F150 without it done.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived