New Yami F115 SHO prop choice

pondfisher

Finally repowering the old Master Angler 17 with a new Yami F115 SHO and needing to figure out which prop is best.

For years I've been using a Power Tech 17P with my Yami F100 and it was propped perfectly.  BUT, not sure it's the correct prop for the new motor.  It's been suggested that I move up to a Power Tech 19P.

Thoughts?

Thank you!

pf

I would stick the prop you have on there and run it through it paces. That will give you a base for holeshot, cruise and WOT numbers. Take notes recording rpms and speeds in all phases. Once you have that info then you can dial it in with a different prop if need be. Just my .02

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lurem said:

I would stick the prop you have on there and run it through it paces. That will give you a base for holeshot, cruise and WOT numbers. Take notes recording rpms and speeds in all phases. Once you have that info then you can dial it in with a different prop if need be. Just my .02

Awesome! Thanks Dale.  Tha's how I'll start.

pf

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mulligan said:

Very nice on the new power!

I know Robert years back had a 115, non-sho, and ran a bunch.  His setup was close to what you have.

https://www.bandofboaters.com/forum/technical-forums/performance-handling/performance-reports/198-98-maverick-master-angler-17-2009-f115-w-jp-and-negative-wedge

Oh wow this is super helpful! I remember this post.

On 5/31/2019 at 4:44 PM, THE OUTLAW said:

Mercury Spitfire 13x17 got my SHO dialed in .

I started with the PT SCD 13x17 and while that prop was perfect for my 115 2 stroke, it fell way short with the SHO .

🇺🇸☠️

That might be one I’ll try then (although different boat). So many choices! 

Thanks Outlaw!

On 5/29/2019 at 1:07 PM, pondfisher said:

Finally repowering the old Master Angler 17 with a new Yami F115 SHO and needing to figure out which prop is best.

For years I've been using a Power Tech 17P with my Yami F100 and it was propped perfectly.  BUT, not sure it's the correct prop for the new motor.  It's been suggested that I move up to a Power Tech 19P.

Thoughts?

Thank you!

pf

Is it a 4 blade or 3?

I ran an OFX 18 3/8 ported on my Pathy....I would think a 19 would be overprop?  I like hole shot and am running a 16P 4 blade on my 1995 two stroke...115.

I would think the SHO will have some very good low end torque....going from the 100 to the 115sho will be a life changing experience on hole shot :)

dc

20 minutes ago, hurricane said:

Congrats on the new motor, I'm jealous. I agree with Dale, run your old prop see what it does. Maybe just having your old prop reworked would get it done.

Wanna, Hurricane,

Thank you very much for your input. It’s VERY helpful. This is a big move for me. The prop I have been using all these years was perfect for the F100. But my gut tells me that this F115 SHO will need something more beefy. I’ll try it first but I doubt I’ll see 6200 rpms like I do now. But would save me $500 if it matches well. 

Honestly, I don’t care so much about the cost... I just want the “best” prop for this hull/motor combo. Obviously. :)

• Like 1

I Ran a Yamaha Talon 13x19 and saw 6100 @ 51.5 mph

Also ran a Spitfire 12.75 x 19 ( this prop was loaned to me thru a fellow forum member .) 👍🏻

6200 rpm @ 50.8 mph !

Started with a Power Tech SCD 13x17 ported 5/16 .

Had been running this on my two stroke for 14 years .

Worst prop of them all .

Slower than when it was on my two stroke .

Still had 2” of throttle left .

6300 rpm@ 42 mph 👎🏻

I talked to Marcus for hours at least three times , this lower unit is differant and was told that props were in the works , but not for a while .

Settled on the Spitfire 13x17 ported 3/8 ,& BOOM 6300 rpm , on the limiter @ 50 mph .

This prop lifts the whole boat out of the water puts it on rails .

Like a LnB

Awsome holeshot and great MPG .

Do some searching ...

I bought three props online , paid zero sales tax, $3.99 shipping and a 30 day return policy .

Sold my PT to a forum member , so the cost of my prop was only $ 275 .

Hope this helps

🇺🇸☠️

• Like 1

3 hours ago, THE OUTLAW said:

I Ran a Yamaha Talon 13x19 and saw 6100 @ 51.5 mph

Also ran a Spitfire 12.75 x 19 ( this prop was loaned to me thru a fellow forum member .) 👍🏻

6200 rpm @ 50.8 mph !

Started with a Power Tech SCD 13x17 ported 5/16 .

Had been running this on my two stroke for 14 years .

Worst prop of them all .

Slower than when it was on my two stroke .

Still had 2” of throttle left .

6300 rpm@ 42 mph 👎🏻

I talked to Marcus for hours at least three times , this lower unit is differant and was told that props were in the works , but not for a while .

Settled on the Spitfire 13x17 ported 3/8 ,& BOOM 6300 rpm , on the limiter @ 50 mph .

This prop lifts the whole boat out of the water puts it on rails .

Like a LnB

Awsome holeshot and great MPG .

Do some searching ...

I bought three props online , paid zero sales tax, $3.99 shipping and a 30 day return policy .

Sold my PT to a forum member , so the cost of my prop was only $ 275 .

Hope this helps

🇺🇸☠️

Wow, that is GREAT info. Thank you.  Still in motor negotiation phase but will be happening shortly. I might be selling/trading in my prop with my F100 so not sure I can start there. Will likely try one of the ones you suggested (or all) and pick one. I've been seeing 36 mph @ 6200 rpms for years now (at least getting good rpms) but tired of the slow dog sled.  Can't even imagine 50 mph or even high 40s.  This is going to be life changing!

15 hours ago, pondfisher said:

Can't even imagine 50 mph or even high 40s.  This is going to be life changing!

My guess is you will be close if not there.

From what I've read the F100 is on the weak side of 100hp while the SHO is on the high side of 115hp so that gives you about 35% HP increase, not bad!  Also the gears are taller on the SHO I think.

2 hours ago, mulligan said:

From what I've read the F100 is on the weak side of 100hp while the SHO is on the high side of 115hp so that gives you about 35% HP increase, not bad!  Also the gears are taller on the SHO I think.

Yamaha says the F100 only puts out about a true 90 ponies so yeah, I’ve been way underpowered. They also claim the F115 SHO puts out around 125 ponies so this should be a whole new machine.

14 hours ago, mulligan said:
9 hours ago, THE OUTLAW said:

SHO = 125 HP !

🇺🇸☠️👍🏻

9 hours ago, THE OUTLAW said:

SHO = 125 HP !

🇺🇸☠️👍🏻

Yamaha says the F100 only puts out about a true 90 ponies so yeah, I’ve been way underpowered. They also claim the F115 SHO puts out around 125 ponies so this should be a whole new machine.

Someone needs to redesign this forum. An IT mess. Dang.

• 3 weeks later...