Cleats rattling on 23DV

waterman7474

I have these pull up cleats on my DV and as best I can tell they are from Accon Marine, but I'm not completely sure.

The bow won't stay up and the mid-ships and stern rattle like crazy when stowed. 

Before I go through the trouble of taking them out, are they adjustable or is there the ability to tighten them while stowed?

If the base is tight then there is nothing to tighten in  the pull up section of cleat.  Seems strange, I have 2 boats with pull up cleats and never had any issues. Do they make noise when you run the boat with them extended up? Maybe my boat makes enough noise I can't hear them. lol

44 minutes ago, polliwog said:

If the base is tight then there is nothing to tighten in  the pull up section of cleat.  Seems strange, I have 2 boats with pull up cleats and never had any issues. Do they make noise when you run the boat with them extended up? Maybe my boat makes enough noise I can't hear them. lol

Certain rpms rattle them more than others (and it's much worse when just above idle or before plane) but they do rattle both up and down. 

Maybe they are just wore out.

I had the same issue on a 22 Pathfinder, I believe they're the same cleats. I don't think you can take them off without cutting a hole. I think they're secured to the underside of the cap before it's installed to the hull.

The midship cleats also rattled on my boat. I took a small piece of seadek and put it underneath the cleat, that cured the rattle. 

On 6/3/2019 at 8:19 PM, hurricane said:

I had the same issue on a 22 Pathfinder, I believe they're the same cleats. I don't think you can take them off without cutting a hole. I think they're secured to the underside of the cap before it's installed to the hull.

The midship cleats also rattled on my boat. I took a small piece of seadek and put it underneath the cleat, that cured the rattle. 

Luckily, on the DV the gunnels are open below and I can easily take them out. 

There are two allen screws on each side that look like adjustments but in the event they aren't, I don't want to start turning things and them maybe screw it up.

Archived