Pathfinder 22 purchasing advice.

Guys I am looking for my first Pathfinder 22. Would probably prefer a TE edition, but could live with the V. Probably purchase used, haven’t really decided on a budget as of yet. Any years better then others? Things I should look out for? Boat will be used in St. Pete, Treasure Island area mostly. Any advice will be helpful. 

I did not know much of anything about pathfinders when I bought my 2200TRS. I do have spend as much time family boating as fishing so I bought the TRS and actually wondered if the seats would get used. my fist trip some 20 miles off shore with my 21 year old son surprised me. on the way  we were all up at the console. on the way back I looked up to find my son in one stern seat. a few min later my buddy took the other one. we were in at least 3 footers and my son fell asleep. All that to say I know the TRS was not on your short list but my family loves the seats in the back.

As for the pathfinder overall. WOW. I have owned a 20 whaler a 17 Edgewater a 20 pioneer and various other boats. this pathfinder is the best all round boat I have ever owned hands down.

My boat is a 2012 and I think the next year they opened the gunnels That would be nice. But I did not know to look for that when I bought my boat.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/31/2019 at 10:03 PM, HoneyB said:

I did not know much of anything about pathfinders when I bought my 2200TRS. I do have spend as much time family boating as fishing so I bought the TRS and actually wondered if the seats would get used. my fist trip some 20 miles off shore with my 21 year old son surprised me. on the way  we were all up at the console. on the way back I looked up to find my son in one stern seat. a few min later my buddy took the other one. we were in at least 3 footers and my son fell asleep. All that to say I know the TRS was not on your short list but my family loves the seats in the back.

As for the pathfinder overall. WOW. I have owned a 20 whaler a 17 Edgewater a 20 pioneer and various other boats. this pathfinder is the best all round boat I have ever owned hands down.

My boat is a 2012 and I think the next year they opened the gunnels That would be nice. But I did not know to look for that when I bought my boat.

Great to know. I am currently negotiating for a 2013 2200 TRS for me and my family of 4. What motor do you have on the back? This one has a f250 and I heard that the weight causes proposing. Any info would be much appreciated, thank you.

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 8:00 AM, NNFD197 said:

Great to know. I am currently negotiating for a 2013 2200 TRS for me and my family of 4. What motor do you have on the back? This one has a f250 and I heard that the weight causes proposing. Any info would be much appreciated, thank you.

'Ol HoneyB works a lot of random hours....He has a 200 SHO on the back of his rig and it absolutely FLIES. He'll have to answer the rest.

Lol ramdom hours is a nice way of putting it. At least folks wont think im some kind of creeper when im postin up at two in the morning anymore.

but yeah as for the weight calculation i have a 200 SHO. I Have heard it is the same Motor as the larger SHO Motors as far weight would go. I replied on the other topic about spacific experance with props and 200 HP on a 2200.

On 8/15/2019 at 4:46 PM, HoneyB said:

Lol ramdom hours is a nice way of putting it. At least folks wont think im some kind of creeper when im postin up at two in the morning anymore.

but yeah as for the weight calculation i have a 200 SHO. I Have heard it is the same Motor as the larger SHO Motors as far weight would go. I replied on the other topic about spacific experance with props and 200 HP on a 2200.

Hey guys I ended up with an 18 2200 TE with the 250 sho, it’s an awesome rig and super excited about figuring this boat out. It has a 4 blade prop and will jump on plane in no time. 

• Like 1