Mystery Solved! What Kinda Maverick is This?

MuddyBottomBluz

I came across a Maverick, or so it says, but I cannot find the style of Maverick it is. Is the serial number located in the typical spot, starboard aft end? I can get it for a great deal, needs some serious loving but I want to make sure it is what "they" say. The boat was in a car port and could not get side shots.

IMG_1622.JPG

IMG_1623.JPG

IMG_1624.JPG

IMG_1625.JPG

6 hours ago, MuddyBottomBluz said:

I came across a Maverick, or so it says, but I cannot find the style of Maverick it is. Is the serial number located in the typical spot, starboard aft end? I can get it for a great deal, needs some serious loving but I want to make sure it is what "they" say. The boat was in a car port and could not get side shots.

IMG_1622.JPG

IMG_1623.JPG

IMG_1624.JPG

IMG_1625.JPG

It's a NoKinda Maverick.  They stopped building these in 1990. :)

41 minutes ago, MuddyBottomBluz said:

Will be able to see the tittle today, so we will see what it say's. It needs work so IF it is a true Maverick the labor will be worth it. If I find out it was built by Gilligan's Boat Works in Bodunk, Wisconsin I will pass, obviously.

In South Florida you can get a title to say whatever you'd like, but that boat is no where near a Maverick. 

6 minutes ago, Lap it Up said:

In South Florida you can get a title to say whatever you'd like, but that boat is no where near a Maverick. 

Yeah, I know. Just like a college degree, you can go to Hialeah and have one printed in about an hour. Did I mention I was a Yale graduate?:D Depending on what it say's I will reach out to the good people at MBG and see what they have to say once I have a hull I.D./ V.I.N. number. Stay tuned!

Somebody went through a lot of trouble to make people think it was a Maverick. Stickers on the hull side are one thing but cushions and a dry grate inlay for the cockpit with the Maverick logo. It appears that the boat is called a Predator Flats boat made for Islander boats. The manufacturer was a company out of Orlando called Molded Fiberglass Industries. Islander boats was in business for a few years in the mid 90's. Many people think that Key West bought the molds because of the resemblance.

How does the old saying go.....................Imitation is the highest form of flattery!

molded-fiberglass-industries-islander-28150010182249676548674866544567x (1).jpg

Archived