Jupiter Report- 2 Fatties and a 9th Inning Slotty

soflah3

Had a good couple trips out of Jupiter this past week. On Wednesday I went out on a solo bait scouting trip and to throw some jigs around a bridge or 2.  Bait was scarce so I decided I would throw some jigs under a bridge for a while. On my 6th or 7th cast I had a good thump and it was game on. After a good fight and several trips around the Hewes I was able to get this 39"er on the deck. My biggest snook on the Hewes so far! Came on a white / blue First Light Jig

Friday evening towards sunset my buddy and I put in an hour before sunset in hopes of finding some bait. No luck! Off to the bridge I caught the previous snook. Fishing was very slow but we were able to net a dozen mullet that came through just after sunset. Decided to head a bit closer to the inlet and work a bridge with our newly accuired mullet. At 10:30 (90 minutes before Snook season closed) my buddy boats a nice 29" snook and not long after I get destroyed right off a bridge pylon. After another good fight I was able to land my second 39" snook in as many days. 

20190529_180533.jpg

IMG_20190601_001456_312.jpg

20190531_223554.jpg

Archived