Newer Talons 10 / 12 /15 foot questions

Lap it Up

I know it will be a sore spot with some.  I love Power Poles and have owned more than one.  I love their product / customer service and honestly I may still go with Power Pole again but I wanted to ask current Talon owners how they like the new Talon. My reason for looking into Talon is I don't like the height of the 10' blade and I want to be able to anchor in water at least 10'. 

- Do they have any known issues I should be aware of?

- Do they really need to be deployed and flushed after every salt water use?

- Does someone make a better looking or less expensive offset bracket?  The Minnkota one is pretty ugly and looks over-engineered. 

- Are they reliable?

Never ran Talons since they can't handle our muck bottom but did run 10" PP and they wouldn't hold  as Troy so eloquently put it 👆so went back to 8's and hung a Rhodan. Now the Rhodan will hold ya in 10 or 1000' o water...no sea claw necessary 😎

not certain how to flush the longer new ones.  My first Talon had a 'port' at top that a hose fit to flush, plus always flush from bottom.  My new 10' does not have, or I can't find, a flushing port on the top.  I do still flush bottom.   This is potentially an issue as my old one (didn't flush often enough) froze between stages due to salt build up.  Only had new one about a year and for many reasons have not used the boat as often as I did.  

Archived