New Flush Mount Rod Holders on Console Question

Seavo

My Pathfinder never had rod holders on the side of the console. I installed some with drains in the bottoms that I can route water outside the console for when they get wet. but I had a couple questions for you guys that had them come stock. Do yours have drains or are the bottoms hollow and the rod butt sits on the floor inside the console? Also is there anything that is on the side of the console that keeps the rods from spinning around in the holder and beating the reels up? Right now I am just using a bungie between the front and back post of the T-top to help secure them. I am just curious what the factory setup is on the consoles that have the flush mount holders, not the tournament consoles. Thanks

9 hours ago, fin-addict said:

Take some pics, it might help with some ideas.

Here is a picture of the holders before I straightened them out and bolted them down. I was thinking the draining holders would be best because without them the water would be running right into where my batteries are sitting. Only thing is that my inshore rods without gimbals spin around and get banged up quite a bit. I have only been on tournament pathfinders with the different holders, so I didn't know if there is anything on a stock setup like this that solves that problem? 

Yq8ptHSbTTeKYO1MLfP51w.thumb.jpg.000ec6601bc15ca67ea442d381a1d129.jpg

7 minutes ago, smilemaker said:

As a side note. Is the aft foot on the top anchored to the deck or welded to the original  rod holder and anchored by the  screws.

It is anchored on its own. The console never had any rod holders on the sides. I bored the holes and mounted the three that are there. 

12 hours ago, Seavo said:

It is anchored on its own. The console never had any rod holders on the sides. I bored the holes and mounted the three that are there. 

Have never seen a t-top mounted that way, very strange. 

As for the rods moving, mount a narrow strip of starboard from back leg to front leg the attach some sort of clip to it above each holder to keep rods in place. Could also put a strip of padding/foam on the console where the reels hit it to save both the console and reels. Just and idea. Good luck. I see lots of option that can be had. 😀fin

Archived