chokoloskee tournament?

Brent B

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's do this! I live in Choko part-time so I'm interested.

The Romp in the Swamp event is happening Oct 3rd in Port of the Islands so why not do a "family funament" Oct 3rd in Choko and maybe we can all get together for dinner at Oyster House 6pm that evening to share our pics and fishing tales :)

The following forum peeps might be game:

Intheslot12

HookedOnSnook

Radi_33125

ChasinSnook

Big Dave

never fished there either but love the area and been wanting to get down there to go fishing, you can probably count me in.

brent b- its always good to warn people not familiar with the area! while most of florida has shallow water, not all of it is HARD!!! we have mostly rock bottom here and anytime I give advice it has a warning attached!

Let's do this! I live in Choko part-time so I'm interested.

The Romp in the Swamp event is happening Oct 3rd in Port of the Islands so why not do a "family funament" Oct 3rd in Choko and maybe we can all get together for dinner at Oyster House 6pm that evening to share our pics and fishing tales :)

The following forum peeps might be game:

Intheslot12

HookedOnSnook

Radi_33125

ChasinSnook

Big Dave

Yep, Oct or Nov would be great. The MOT is end of September, so that time frame would work.

I usually launch from either Chokoloskee island park or glades haven. CIP has zero nav markers so you must know your way out and glades haven is not to bad because you can cut across the chokolskee bay to either sandfly p*** or the everglades channel ( Indian key p***). Both well marked. If its high tide no one should have any problems getting across the bay. Rod and gun club is fine with me its just way north of where I usually fish. Maybe we can all start from a location and then go to our seperate ramps? Or would this be to chaotic? Probably best to start from the same place and end at the same place. Mid to late october works well for me. What about rules as far as the comp? what are we fishing for? Catch and release with pictures to document?

Should the tournament be just for fun (Free of charge) or should there be an entry fee? Input? Also because the area is so big i think you should be able to lunch from any ramp desired but we should all meet at a designated spot at a certain time. We would have to work out some sort of captains dinner as well some time before. Any input on that?

I think we should have a small entry fee just to keep it fun. Yes a dinner meeting would be great as well so we can all go over the rules and let everyone have a say. As for the ramp issue yes you should be able to put in any were, there are some that may have TTops and need to put in at the Rod & Gun Club on the Barron River (no fixed bridges). I don't think that we need to meet up in the morning just in the afternoon. We can make it a catch and release with photos and a special item that we can give out at the meeting that must be in the photo. Species I think we should include Snook, Red Fish, Trout, and Tarpon. We can work on a points system per species or overall length? There is many ways you can set it up these are just ideas. Thanks for taking the time to organize this I think it is something we can do every month or two. You may be surprised how this may take hold. :thumbup: I know a little restaurant in Hollywood that we can get together to discuss it and see it there are any other locals that want to attend?

Archived