conversion from Bennett to Lenco ??? 1995 MA 17

Wanaflatsfish

17 hours ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

I found a leak today on the trim tab today.....

Given the age of the skiff (25 yers old system...was considering going Lenco conversion.

Has anyone done this with pics or advice ?

dc

I switched to the Bennett electrics.  They sell a retrofit kit.  You utilize the same harness, same tab plates.  Easy install and they are very reliable.  I see MBG is installing them on new builds now

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Lap it Up said:

I switched to the Bennett electrics.  They sell a retrofit kit.  You utilize the same harness, same tab plates.  Easy install and they are very reliable. 

Great info....i did some research and this is exactly what I needed to hear....

thank you.

Will document the change over for the forum....

dc

On 8/4/2019 at 6:28 PM, hawg said:

Before you commit to a change, call Bennett and tell them the problem you have. I'd be surprised if they don't take care of it to your satisfaction.

Thanks Hawg....looking at replacing the cyclinder....however, I have a 25 year old pump....which will go at sometime .....so, considering the Bolts which I have read about and Lap It out mentioned worked.....

dc

11 hours ago, brew1891 said:

I did the conversion from Lenco to Bennett bolt electric after one of my tabs died and they have been great so far.  Watch amazon closely and often. I got the whole kit for the price of one lenco replacement tab but the deal was only up for a few hours. 

thank you..just picked up the entire conversion kit from Amazon.....

dc