Trolling motor on 20' Pathfinder

gamecock

Has anybody put a 36V minn kota on a 20' pathfinder?  I have a 24V 70lb thrust right now and it just doesn't always have the umph to handle running as fast as I would like against the bigger tides in SC especially if it's windy.  I thought about replacing it with a new 24V which would have 80lbs thrust but I'm not sure I would gain enough to make it worthwhile.  I have room in the console for a third battery but am concerned about weight.  Would I have to pull new wire for a 36V motor?  

I run a 22 te and have the 36 volt.

If changing out I would go to 36 volt 4 battery layout using the appropriate battery in 36 v system to run electronics.  I firmly  believe that the  cranking battery should be isolated and used only for cranking.  Add a DC charging system and you will be set. I like trollbridge but many like the stealth.  Different  conversation all together.

With a 36 volt on the 20 pathfinder you might have to be careful in a no wake zone  😀 but should be able to handle dynamite hole.

Original  wire should be fine.

It's  112 lb.

If you know the area he is fishing you would  understand the need for more thrust.

I have had a 24v and now have a 36 volt. There is no comparison.  I have fished areas where a similar size boat with a 24v motor has left because they could not hold, moved in, held with no problem and caught fish.

Yes. There are many schematics that show how to do it. It is best if they are all the same size and age.

I like the Duracell group 31 from sams.

Add a DC charger and you will always have plenty of  power. 

I would also try to put cranking battery  under the console.

If you are handy you can stack the batteries under the console. 

Where do you fish out of most of the time