Lowrance Customer Service is non existent

Headhunter

I just did the software upgrade they published. It wiped out my instrument panel layout and what inputs I want to track. Called customer service twice and ended up in their “offshore customer service center”. The first rep had to return to the laboratory to check with an engineer. I finally gave up after an hour on the phone. The second call went to the same place and that rep couldn’t identify the screen I was calling about. Asked for a supervisor and got hung up on.  Finally sent an email for help, no answer in 2 days. I have searched the internet on how to update the new instrumentation templates with no success. Does anyone have any contact name or number that can get me to some one who knows something? 

I very well might be going back to Garmin.

Yah.... Lowrance support can be hit or miss.

Did you use the sd card or wifi?  I had some minor issues when using the wifi. I only use the sd card now.

My HDS Carbon 16 has the July 11  version 19.1-62.1.114  and when I loaded That  the look changed and I had to redo my overlays.

I downloaded the Aug. 7  version 19.1-62.1.1.153  but have not loaded it yet. I will load it tomorrow and see what happens. 

Seems the more they try to make the Carbon like the Live the more I have to learn to keep up. Getting ready to change from the Total Scan transducer to the Active Imaging 3 in 1.  I am being told the difference is amazing, we will see.

I agree with triplec.  Call Justin, If anyone knows he does. 

• Like 1

I know many are jumping ship to Lowrance/Simrad for FMT but Garmin’s customer service has always been top-notch ( I haven’t dealt with them in a couple years so hopefully it hasn’t been off-shored) Always get someone on the phone who at a minimum has a clue or can get ahold of someone who does. I’ve had a couple units replaced at a discount when I’ve had out-of-warranty issues with machines.