Fuel Economy

Slo Poke1

Soooo many variables. My old 1900v with a 115, 2 stroke cruised at over 4 mpg. My 23 with a 250, 4 stroke also cruises at over 4 mpg. 

Boat Load, engine load, prop, etc. all factor in. When was your last engine tune up? I see you have a carb engine, plugs look good, not too rich or anything? 

I spent a week in Flamingo in May and kept good records.  I ran 404 miles and burned 114 gallons for an average of 3.5 mpg.   I ran mostly 35 to 40 mph but did kick her up faster at times.  The boat is a 23 HPS, 250 SHO with a 22 pitch Mercury bravo prop with 2 200 plus men abroad. 

I have a 2200trs no top with a yami 200 4 stroke not propped correctly yet, get 5+ at 30mph and right at 4 at 40 with an average load, full fuel light ice and empty live well. This weekend I ran out to fort jefferson and did some cruising while I was out there for about 150 miles on 40 gal or 3.75 mpg loaded down and throttling quite a bit in seas.