Yamaha Powerhead work

Shallowminded6

I posted earlier about 140 vs 150 Suzukis. I still have not pulled the trigger on anything yet. I am still toying with the idea of rebuilding the engine as the block seems to be in servicable condition (2000 Yamaha 150 V-max Carbed). Has anyone had a power head rebuilt by Outboard Clinic in Palm City, or anyone else they would recommend or advise against? 

You can buy a whole lot of gas and oil for the price of a new fourstroke outboard.  I don't know about Palm City but there are several reputable shops in South Florida.  There are also a lot of used Vmax's around and a powerhead swap is fairly simple and straight forward.  Another good source is https://www.hydrotecmarine.com/  They have rebuilt short blocks and are a plethora of Yamaha 2 stroke knowledge. 

7 minutes ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

what's the cost ?

dc

Wanaflatsfish,

It all depends on what it needs. As little as $1,700 and could be as high as $4,000 if it was really extensive. Was told most likely closer to The $2500 area depending on condition of the crank shaft etc. Then will have to reinstall powerhead and most likely get the carbs done. So that would be additional.