2200, 2400TRS or Cobia

BillAV8R1

Does anyone have the backrest arms and receivers installed in a 2200 TRS, 2400 TRS or even a Cobia that could get me measurements (diameter, length, et cetera). Maybe a picture of how they lock into the receiver? Getting this info from MBG is just about impossible and I’m trying to decide whether to re-glass the area they fit or go another route (rod holder/cup holder). I’d really appreciate it. Fiberglass guy can’t do anything without those measurements and my local Pathfinder dealer doesn’t have them in stock.   My boat is last pic  sent multiple emails to “sberry” at MBG and no response  

First pic is my boat

second and third are what I’m looking for

Thanks in advance -

Bill

9229539E-DF45-4FAA-B587-ADBA93C37C4C.jpeg

52460CDF-2FCD-4222-9331-17ED519756E7.jpeg

8975A6D6-B727-4C44-9353-531A397A5943.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Bill,

IMHO,

I’ve wanted to do the same to my 2200 to make it more family friendly for a long time. I rode on a 2200 that the owner had installed the back rests, with no cushions or grab rails. That was a scary ride without the grab rails along the bow gunnels. No freeboard to keep you in the boat, and nothing to hold on to, and cushions would elevate you more. No way I would ever let my family ride there, stretched out, feet off the deck, without the sturdy grab rails!

Researching the grab rail install, I figured out that their installation was much more problematic than the back rests. My boat did not have any backing plates up there, so large access holes would have to be installed to get a backing plate in there, and then capped or fiberglassed over.

Before Ray retired at MBG, he told me that they do not recommend back rests without the grab rails. Nothing to hold on to!

My 2200 is a different, older boat than yours, so maybe you’ll have an easier and safer install. Especially, if you have the backing plates already installed during manufacture. 

Good morning!  Thanks for the reply. Yes, that was a thought of mine as well initially; not enough room for someone sitting up there to hang on. That being said, Family Boating in Tampa installed the bow rails on mine and they’re perfect. Have been in choppy water/storms with people on the bow holding on to them with no issue. And I’ve put some serious pressure on them to see if there was even remotely any give. None. FBC did a great job with them. With them up, I feel comfortable adding the backrest. Without them, not a chance. 

Now, if I can just get info on the arms. 

E98DFD41-EC45-41B6-BC75-79C0EEDC3CF2.jpeg

Those are actually the ones I have but I think op has some issues because he has a speaker mounted where the bracket would be. Probably possible to remove and fill with some backing but I think he would rather try to get the factory version that is nice and tucked away.  I have hit my ankle on the brackets but I do love having the backrests for the family. 

https://marineproducts.net/backrests-bench-seating/