Pathfinder 2200 TRS scratch

BillAV8R1

After kicking myself in the *** for the last few hours, I finally have the strength it type this post. I scratched my Pathfinder coming into the ramp today (a ramp that has some extremely fast moving water - Anclote Park in Tarpon Springs) and now need advice on fixing it. It’s not a cosmetic scratch - meaning I can’t feel it when I rub my hand across it. It’s a definite scratch that I can feel. Any thoughts on how to fix it?

Thanks for any advice.  Still pissed. 

B67620DB-0629-4BBF-9FEE-703CB299C0F3.jpeg

E6B084E9-5A44-4DF3-BB21-466F6F97CE2C.jpeg

Don't beat yourself up too bad. The only boats I know that have never had scratches are owned by people who never use them. If the scratch is all the way through the blue color, you're going to have to get some of the original color gel-coat to patch it. Your local Pathfinder dealer should be able to get it for you. Because gel-coat takes a special permit to ship, the shipping cost can be as much as the gelcoat itself. The repair is fairly simple to do, but it takes time and patience to prepare the surface, apply the gel coat patch and then sand and buff the gelcoat back to a high gloss. It also involves dealing with some pretty harsh chemicals. There are plenty of You Tube videos on the subject to give you an idea if it's something you want to tackle yourself. If not, your dealer (or another forum member) can likely steer you in the right direction.

I had the same color PF in my last hull.  I didn't have any scratches that looked that deep to where they were through the colored Gel coat, but I had a few surface scratches. I had good luck with Color Magic wax, either black or they do make a blue tinted was.  Give it a shot. It doesn't last forever, but I bet you can 'color' it enough to make it not very noticeable, and with time you will get over it...like a battle wound...

image.png.323ae3fcdc4d036abcc3d7a5f4cc5945.png

On 9/1/2019 at 6:46 PM, HoneyB said:

Take it to a professional

I will strongly second that idea!

I tie up at some VERY primitive launch ramp docks and one of them had strong current and a few nail heads where there should have been some kind of soft edging.  The result looks just like your injuries.

Here in the Atlanta area, I go to C&G Marine in Flowery Branch.  I bought the boat a couple of years ago and the dealer gave me 2 pints of paint/gell coat, one blue and the other cream.  I had been keeping them in the refrigerator since then.  Needless to say, the blue one came in handy.

Go to a pro, you know what my boat looks like...

1642800032_450hourShineverylowres-1.thumb.jpg.341b00c04d9fa818354b690be507dbd6.jpg

I wouldn't have it any other way.

Good luck!

Low ResMiss Laurie IV-6.jpg