2018 2200 TRS Jackplate issue

blackandboo

Atlas jackplate is stuck in the up position.  Based on reading a number of posts, I suspect I have a bad relay.

Jackplate switch is located on the steering wheel and I can hear the motor if I try to raise, but nothing when I try to lower, so I assume the fuse is good?

A couple of questions for the forum team members who may have experienced this.....

-Where are the relays located?  (console or rear bilge area?)

-Can the individual relays be replaced on this newer jack plate, or should I look at replacing the entire harness?

-Will this be covered under warranty from Atlas?

Thanks for any assistance.  

3 hours ago, blackandboo said:

Atlas jackplate is stuck in the up position.  Based on reading a number of posts, I suspect I have a bad relay.

Jackplate switch is located on the steering wheel and I can hear the motor if I try to raise, but nothing when I try to lower, so I assume the fuse is good?

A couple of questions for the forum team members who may have experienced this.....

-Where are the relays located?  (console or rear bilge area?)

-Can the individual relays be replaced on this newer jack plate, or should I look at replacing the entire harness?

-Will this be covered under warranty from Atlas?

Thanks for any assistance.  

It's most likely the relays.  Same thing happened to me.  The harness is in the bilge area - just the wires for the switch go to the console.  Yours might still be covered under warranty.  Check out this thread for diy help:

Before you go crawling in the bilge check the switch. There’s a knurled nut under the little rubber boot on the blinker switch, loosen the nut and the stalk unscrews. There’s another nut holding the plastic housing on, remove the nut and the housing. 

There’s three blade connectors under the housing, totally exposed to the elements... if their corroded (they probably will be) clean them and check your jack plate operation. Keep track of what wires go on what connector and put a healthy glob of dielectric grease on the connectors before reassembling.  

Could very well may be the relay but this takes like five minutes to check. This is what was wrong with mine anyway. 

After removing the switch and cleaning and a month of flawless operation my relay went bad. I blame GEEVIAM and this thread for this of course. The warranty is three years for Atlas jack plates.  I called them the other day and they’re sending me a new relay. I just had to email the boat’s bill of sale to them. They were super easy to deal with. 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, jason p said:

After removing the switch and cleaning and a month of flawless operation my relay went bad. I blame GEEVIAM and this thread for this of course. The warranty is three years for Atlas jack plates.  I called them the other day and they’re sending me a new relay. I just had to email the boat’s bill of sale to them. They were super easy to deal with. 

LOL, glad for you that it's covered under warranty Jason!

E mailing a bill of sale for a relay? I’m sorry I know that was easy enough but I would not never rate T&H marine as good  customer service. Good would be oh you need a relay sure let us send you one right away, yes we will take you word it’s a brand new boat. Yes I am still butt hurt about having to buy the lift assembly for my jackplate. The older ones  had metal housing on the motor. 

I hear ya but I had to do the same thing for Pro Mariner when the charger took a dump. Seems like the standard these days. I’m just glad they stood behind it. 

There’s a gentleman on here with a problem with his switch panel lights on his 2500, probably a faulty LED strip that runs the length of the panel. Go ahead and give the MBC a call and see if they FedEx 2 day a new LED strip to him. I’d put an important amount of money to me that he’ll get the standard “bring it to the dealer” line from anyone in Ft Pierce.