Hatch Inserts coming apart

plainsman5

Has anyone tried to fix the inserts coming apart from the hatches on their older boats?  the inserts are separating from the actual hatch lid of my 2004 pathfinder... 

I assume this has happened to quite a few and was just wondering what was done to fix them?  I appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks,

Jason

7 hours ago, plainsman5 said:

Has anyone tried to fix the inserts coming apart from the hatches on their older boats?  the inserts are separating from the actual hatch lid of my 2004 pathfinder... 

I assume this has happened to quite a few and was just wondering what was done to fix them?  I appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks,

Jason

jASON

can you take a pic?  I don't understand what you are referring to in your post.

dc

I don't recall seeing delamination on the hatches much. Will things press back together easily or has the two layers deteriorated and allowed dirt and debris to accumulate. 

To rebond properly things need to come apart completely  but if they  go together you may be able to use some lightly thickened epoxy and clamp and pray.

• 2 weeks later...