2400 Bilge Pump

Bruce J

I was just doing a routine check-up of the bilge pump on my 2016 2400TRS.  The first issue is that it doesn’t come on when the battery switch is off. It is supposed to be wired directly to the battery, right?  Secondly, the float switch apparently doesn’t work so I’ll need to fix or replace it. I opened the hatch to se if I could pull it out, but that pump is at least a foot farther away than I can reach.  What’s the trick to get to it?

Thanks, Bama, that's good to know.  Is it an in-line fuse for the float switch - and any advice on where I would find that?  I won't be back to my boat to have a look till this weekend.

Am also curious how anyone would get to it to pull the pump if I do have a problem there.  I might be able to fit my one-year old grandson into the rear starboard hatch, but he's really not quite up for any electrical work yet.

Depending on how Pathfinders were wired in 2016 there will be a circuit breaker under or around the bilge switch on the dash panel, or wherever the switched breakers are located, and then another breaker somewhere around the battery switch. That’s how my HPX is, to be honest I haven’t looked on my 2500 but it’s definitely a fused 12V constant circuit.