Trying to Buy a Pathfinder

Larry Newby

I have been in the market for a 2019 2400 or 2500 hybrid.  I have spoke with my dealer and he does not have either of these boats in stock. I have tried to inquire at another dealership that does have a 2500 hybrid and they will not sell to me and tell me to inquire at my dealership. I have asked the owner at my dealership to try and get a 2500 from this other dealership and has been told that the other dealership will not give it up to sell. But here we are again they won't sell to me. Now I know for a fact that my dealership sells to other consumers from all over the USA. So if someone will please guide me in the right direction of who I need to talk to I would appreciate. I bought my first pathfinder at the Tampa dealership and didn't live there when I bought it. So now I wanna know what the hell the problem is.

I’d give the factory a call and see what they say you should do. They may tell you you need to order one but I really have no idea the arrangement the factory and the dealers have with each other. Usually there is some sort of allocation that each dealer gets a certain number of boats/models. Why a dealer wouldn't sell you a boat because your in another dealers “territory” may be part of the deal... but again, i have no idea. I do know the dealer closest to me (Caribee Boat’s in Islamorada) was on their last 2019 2500 back in June and after that you had to wait until the 2020s started rolling out.

It’s easy to get someone on the phone at the MBC and I’m sure they’ll have you at least talking to someone who knows the answers you’re looking for.

7 hours ago, Moderator said:

As part of their Dealer Agreement, they all have geo territories.  .  I don't know the all the rules, but that's probably what you are seeing.

Marc

The dealers in NC, as a general rule, do not stock Hewes/ Maverick. I am looking to down size and thinking about driving to SC since they seem to have them in the showroom. You are saying that is not an option?

Are you just working the deal over the phone perhaps? Could be they just don't want to negotiate a sale over the phone in another dealers area as lots of folks would then use that price to work a better local deal.  I may be wrong but I would say if you drove in and worked the deal in person you are leaving with the boat. I doubt they really care where it goes home to if they have a sale in hand. 

1 hour ago, triplec said:

I doubt they really care where it goes home to if they have a sale in hand. 

As the old saying....CASH TALKS....OTHERS WALK. :)

I'm sure the dealers get lots of fiberglass sniffers on the phone looking for pricing and deals..walk in with cash or a pre-approved loan, you'll have the boat you want.

dc

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/10/2019 at 2:49 PM, Larry Newby said:

I have been in the market for a 2019 2400 or 2500 hybrid.  I have spoke with my dealer and he does not have either of these boats in stock. I have tried to inquire at another dealership that does have a 2500 hybrid and they will not sell to me and tell me to inquire at my dealership. I have asked the owner at my dealership to try and get a 2500 from this other dealership and has been told that the other dealership will not give it up to sell. But here we are again they won't sell to me. Now I know for a fact that my dealership sells to other consumers from all over the USA. So if someone will please guide me in the right direction of who I need to talk to I would appreciate. I bought my first pathfinder at the Tampa dealership and didn't live there when I bought it. So now I wanna know what the hell the problem is.

Captain Geoff Page is selling his 2019 25' Hybrid.  250 SHO, Dual PowerPoles, Lowrance, Minnesota iPilot, lot of options.  300 hours on the motor.  $86K.