2019 2400 TRS Gunnel rod holder

Kevin Dean

Wanted to add a rod holder to each side of the boat.  inline with the helm area/ leaning post.  We use them for slow trolling, nice to have the rod in this location for eyesight and access.   Before  I get started has anyone else added these 15 Degree, 30 degree?  Does pathfinder sell the OEM rod holders that came from the factory?  

I would think it would be fine but likely would need a backing plate in that area.  I have a 2200 trs and thought about doing the same thing but then I realized it would impede the gunnel rod storage a bit and decided to add one on each side in the very back corners. You can get the pathfinder ones from any dealer and I got mine from central marine, they are also on eBay as johdevas. I think the pathfinder ones may only come in 30 degree though. Good luck!

• 3 months later...

Any tips on rod holder placement on a 2019 2600 HPS? I definitely need more especially for drift fishing. I read that Gemlux are best due to the size. Has anyone used the pathfinder OEM ? 30 degree or 15 degree? I plan on placing them at the fore and aft ends of the open part of the gunnels.I don't mind losing the top rod storage slot. Any other possible problems? If anyone at the factory would like to chime in please do. Skip?

I’ve installed factory ones at the bow next to the anchor locker and then at the far corners of the stern. Got them from central marine and they are 30 degree. Dont think factory carry anything but 30 degree now but maybe someone else will chime in. Gemlux products are generally very good also. I think they or someone else also make one that has a cup holder built in too.  Good luck.