Powerpole issues

Mad Beach Hewes

I have a 10’ Powerpole Pro ll and it but stuck today deployed. It had been working intermittently so I changed the batteries in both remotes which seemed to solve the problem. Today while fishing is was working fine, then I couldn’t get it to come up. None of the remotes would work even though the lights were blinking. I went to the main switches on the powerpole, nothing it was like it lost power. It’s full of fluid. I couldn’t get it to do anything. Breaker looked good so I just switched off all my batteries and switched them back on and it worked fine. Anyone have any idea what’s going here? 

14 hours ago, Mad Beach Hewes said:

I have a 10’ Powerpole Pro ll and it but stuck today deployed. It had been working intermittently so I changed the batteries in both remotes which seemed to solve the problem. Today while fishing is was working fine, then I couldn’t get it to come up. None of the remotes would work even though the lights were blinking. I went to the main switches on the powerpole, nothing it was like it lost power. It’s full of fluid. I couldn’t get it to do anything. Breaker looked good so I just switched off all my batteries and switched them back on and it worked fine. Anyone have any idea what’s going here? 

Power pole motors are very sensitive to voltage drop....be sure you have no corrrosion in the connections or at your fuse connections.  Also, check the ground....that would be a first start....but, as mentioned, usually within 24 hours, PP customer service will walk you through the issue and you'll be back in business.

WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED.....BOB AT INSHORE MARINE HERE IN FORT LAUDERDALE/POMPANO IS A DEALER AND AN EXPERT.

DC

7 hours ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

Power pole motors are very sensitive to voltage drop....be sure you have no corrrosion in the connections or at your fuse connections.  Also, check the ground....that would be a first start....but, as mentioned, usually within 24 hours, PP customer service will walk you through the issue and you'll be back in business.

WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED.....BOB AT INSHORE MARINE HERE IN FORT LAUDERDALE/POMPANO IS A DEALER AND AN EXPERT.

DC

I am in the St. Pete area that’s was they told me about the power drop. I am going to lake a look at the fuse area everything else looks good and clean. 

• 4 weeks later...

I wanted to follow up and let everyone know my Powerpole seems to be working fine. Apparently I had accidentally hit the bulge pump switch and left it running. I couldn’t hear it and since it was light outside I was unable to see the light on the switch. That with all the other items running probably drained the battery enough not to get sufficient voltage to the Powerpole, I have used it multiple times since and have had zero issues.