2500 extra storage space-Skip

bsh102

I was replacing the 4 batteries in the pit. When I pulled them out, I noticed a large compartment under the floor going towards the bow. I guess my question is directed to Skip and company. Can an additional storage lid/hatch be added ? I know the cooler sits on top of the area. It appears it would allow me to add additional batteries and have access to them. I would really like to have another battery for a dedicated house battery but there is not enough room we’re the current batteries are in the console.

yes, the fresh water tank is in there as well....In my 2500 I am running two WalMart Maxx 29 batteries, one cranking and one house, plus a lithium Pro 36V battery, plus a Stealth AC/DC charger setup.  Super clean and it leaves a ton of room down there for additional storage if you need it.  Costs a bit more up front for the battery/charer, but long-term, will save you as the lithium batteries last well longer than traditional wet cell or AGM, plus the running and recharge times are unreal.  Not to mention that one 36V lithium battery weighs less than 40 lbs... so its a weight savings of over 100lbs...

batteries.jpg

I know, but life span is up to 5x longer, they can be 'repaired' if a cell goes bad and they have a 4 year warranty full replacement warranty. I figured on my new boat build the difference was only about $6-700, since I deleted the $700 Pathfinder 4 bank charger option, and saved buying three good AGM batteries at about $250 each.  Got a package deal on the stealth charger/battery combo.  Very happy with setup, performance, charging, etc.  In fact, I have not yet had to plug the charger into a 110V outlet to top up batteries as the motor has been keeping everything charged.