VHF antenna mount ideas on poling platform

highhook

I'm super impressed by the content and passion on this forum. I've been reading for months and finally signed up to start participating. I recently purchased a 2004 RF 18 and am in the process refreshing her.  One thing I'd like to do is relocate the vhf antenna from the console to the poling platform to get some added height. I'm looking for mounting ideas for a 3' antenna where the antenna can be raised up or lowered straight down 180 degrees as needed.  Would appreciate any suggestions for mounting hardware anyone has used to accomplish this and pics of course. The top rail on my platform is 1 1/2" OD and I've not found a ratcheting rail mount that will fit that size rail.

1 hour ago, THE OUTLAW said:

25’cable and a custom made mount for my pushpole .

Put pushpole in console rod holder and it is 30’ in air .

Have talked toMarco Island from west of Pavallion before .

When that setup is stored , I have a 6” rubber ant mounted on my console .

🇺🇸🏴‍☠️

This is the answer for a skiff, hands down. You can mount a fixed VHF in any compartment and plug in the antenna when needed so you have 25W of power without having to work around permanently installed antennas.

Ive always done the same with pretty incredible results except my “custom mount” was two large zip ties I stored with my 36” Metz antenna in a PVC pipe.