Trailering Covers for Console and Helm Chair

Vapor Trail

Who has the best covers for trailering?  I hate to arrive somewhere and all the pipe work and windshield be covered with bugs.  Coming through south Florida this year we got into love bugs I guess and it was brutal getting them off.  There were literally people driving down the interstate with their heads out the window to see.  I have a 2600 TRS.  Thank you

Sea Foam make a bug remover that works great on the love bug. Spray it on, let it sit for a few minutes and hose off. The secret is not to let them bake on for a number of days in the sun if you can. Before I found the product I used to spray the front of the car with PAM or use a bug screen for the front.

I tried using a trailering cover before and it didn't work for me. The problem is that the cover gets saturated with bug splat, so you have to wash and dry the cover often. If you don't wash and dry often, the cover starts to stink and you have to store it somewhere.

I found that a good coat of wax and a sponge with netting was just about the best solution for me.  

• 4 weeks later...

If you want a cover that can go the distance, have the shop use Top Gun 2S fabric.  It's thick enough to withstand the stresses of trailering and it is non-absorbant (I'm in the process of making a yard cover for my RF16 out of it).  Sunbrella is not a good fabric for a trailerable cover - it will stress at any floppy points and wear quickly...sunbrella is also absorbant outside of an initial waterproofness coating that will wear away.