OT : fishing bachelor party ideas

FunFlatsFishing

So I'm working on planning a bachelor party for my buddy who is taking the plunge and want to plan a fishing trip somewhere. My biggest hurdle is the amount of guys invited. Most likely around 15.

For mine we went down to Jaco, Costa Rica and went sailfishing so that idea is out. We had to rent two 40' boats to accommodate my group.

I could tow the Pathfinder down to the Keys along with some other boats but we already do that. Looking for something different.

Any suggestions or ideas?? Maybe Cabo or somewhere in Central America. Ideally we would keep travel and lodging costs around $1K a person

Call Brad Schmidt with Fishmaster in Port Sulpher, LA. We did this for a friend of mine. We stayed at his lodge and redfished. 504-458-8761.

You can fly to NOLA and then drive down to Port Sulpher. It is about an hour from NOLA. You can either do a long weekend and stay at the camp and fish multiple days or fly in Thursday or Friday and fish one day and then go back and stay in NOLA for a day or night.

1449673899-1.jpg.72ea53f043431aecd5135f4

1449673905-2.jpg.a622047041176194721b680

1449673910-3.jpg.ad423a6506e4ff4e0b08fed

1449673916-4.jpg.53d7f494bd444efeeb76acf

Do you want a fishing trip with a bachelor party thrown in or a bachelor party with a little fishing?

That's a good question. Also what time of year? Do you guys have enough boats? Just remember not everyone of the fiends the bachelor might want to be there will be able to swing flights, hotel and all the stuff an elaborate trip might entail. I've seen bachelor parties from all spectrums and a lot of them are so over top $ wise they exclude people who would really like to be there cause they just can't afford the madness. Get a big house on canal and do the fishing thing a few days and do a night or two in KW for the bar/strip club scene if that's his thing. Everyone can ride together, houses down there are pretty cheap and you can do your own thing..

That LA thing would be my next thought and might even be the same driving distance from Tampa. Same deal...Enjoy the bayou for a few days and a few days in NO for the party.

We are looking at mid April for the date.

Fortunately flights are pretty cheap from Tampa to New Orleans. To your point about the keys, it's a great time but we've already done several trips and bachelor parties there and we are looking to do something new.

You are right about bachelor parties getting pricey. Outside of mine being in Costa Rica, I also had to pull off trips to the Bahamas and St Martin for other bachelor parties last year

It seems out of Tampa the main 3 are Key West, New Orleans and Vegas.

I'm working on renting some house boats and a couple of center consoles/guides to bring us to the tuna out of Venice, LA followed by a night in New Orleans.

The fishing component is by far the most costly component so if anyone has a budget to stick to, they can skip that part but still have a good time with all the other activities.

Archived