Classic Willie Roberts skiff

Coconut1

I know its not a technically allowed on this site but I figured something like this might be appreciated by a true skiff guy/girl.  Classic 1967 Willie Roberts 16ft skiff.  Built by the Legend himself in his Tavernier "factory"  Skiff life magazine ran an article about the boat a few years back.  Pretty neat piece of history.  I acquired her when the previous owner moved out of country about 5 years ago.  Used only a few times for WR events and short backcountry rides with friends.  Other than that she sits on a nice trailer and covered in the carport.  She deserves more.  40hp Yamaha 2 stroke, teak decks, fighting lady yellow paint.  Very simple boat.  $12K OBO 

IMG_0532.JPG

IMG_0533.JPG

IMG_0799.JPG

IMG_0800.JPG

IMG_0802.JPG

• 1 month later...

There is an articile in Skiff Life magazine detailing a bit of the overhaul from early 2000's  I don't personally know the guy that did the work.  Since I got it I have only played with the teak deck twice cleaning and oiling.  You would think that's a thankless job but actually its a 1/2 day of enjoyment to see the old girl shine in the sun when done.  Have changed water pump on motor and lower unit fluid a few times also but no engine issues to address.

JR