10k Pathfinder

hurricane

So I reached out to him, everything seemed fine until I asked about the title.  I can't tell if the guy is just clueless about buying and selling boats or if something is off about the whole situation.  If it wasn't 3 hrs each way I would have at least went and looked at it, he says someone came and offered him $7,500 and he turned it down.  Anyway, title was never transferred into his name.  He has the title and bill of sale from the previous owner, bill of sale was signed but the title is blank.  To many unknowns for me to take the drive but I will say it did seem like there is still a chance its completely legitimate.  He was willing to take if for a sea trail but what about registration  and insurance duh..

4 hours ago, finfeather said:

Title "jumping" is illegal and better not get into this "deal" unless he is willing to get the title placed in his name. He's probably trying to get out of having to pay taxes

I don’t think he even realizes it or does a very good job at playing stupid.  I’ve decide to pass on the opportunity because of it. 

And he's re-posted it on Trick for $10,500. If you really want it I would ask if he would go with you to the title office and get it done in person. If he has what he says then it shouldn't be a big deal at all at the title office. He said he would take $8,500. Offer him $9,000 or even $10,000 all cash, but he has to go to the title office with you. IMO this calls out the truth.  

• Like 1