Power to Leaning Post ???

brune90

Hey guys!

I am currently doing a refit/repower on my 2008 22XLTE.  I would like to run power to leaning post so i can add a few things: 1)relocate stern light from top of console 2)add led lighting lunder the rocket launcher.
The leaning post is off right now (had a few tubes burst due to freezing).  I had the pipes cut out replaced and now its headed for powder coating.  I was curious if running power to this location is feasible or if the stringers would get in the way.  Any insight would be helpful. Thanks!

As I start to make progress through the refit I do a full thread.

I have an 04  22TE it was not difficult to  run power and speaker wire to the console. The liner is considered a floating liner and there are gaps that you can run wire. In my console I have a large piehole that let's me go from the console to the transom down the center of the boat. With the leaning post removed I was able to use a small hole saw under the leaning post legs and pull wire from the console  thru the legs.

I used duplex wire to add a layer of protection against chaffing. 

The gas tank is underneath so be careful.  Plenty of room as long as you  use caution.