21 Master Angler SOLD

captpn

What would handle less than perfect weather (say 2r to 3foot chop) —. This boat or a 2002 Redfisher 21. 

I fish upper Tampa Bay but would like to run south to say Gandy without having to worry about wind kicking up. 

I would also like to run from say Honeymoon Island up to Anclote. 

I currently have a Tailfisher 17 and love it but find I am quite limited on windy choppy days!

On 10/31/2019 at 10:58 PM, rasteve said:

What would handle less than perfect weather (say 2r to 3foot chop) —. This boat or a 2002 Redfisher 21. 

I fish upper Tampa Bay but would like to run south to say Gandy without having to worry about wind kicking up. 

I would also like to run from say Honeymoon Island up to Anclote. 

I currently have a Tailfisher 17 and love it but find I am quite limited on windy choppy days!

21 MA

It may be the only flats boat capable of doing just that and I have with mine thousands of times. Going on 20 years of guiding out of the 2 I have owned in the areas that you speak of.

I fished the bay yesterday and ran from Gandy to down town Tampa around Macdill. It was blowing 20 at daylight.

The weekend before I fished out of the Vinoy and it was really blowing. Managed to catch a lot of fish in 2 days in some crazy wind.

• Like 1

Thanks for those who replied to my question. I fell in love with the maverick brand a while back reading about them and reading what those who owned them had to say about them. One of the major reasons I purchased my Tailfisher was due to the Hewes / Maverick association

it will be a little while before I will be able to buy so I will have to get lucky and hope this boat or one similar is around when I am ready!