Poling platform sissy bar

38p6

I hate to do it but I really want a sissy bar. I'm 50 years old and have only been on a poling platform a handful of times. I'm just not comfortable up there and I fish alone 90% of the time. I really enjoy fishing from the platform but don't like how unstable I feel sometimes and I'm concerned about falling and being injured when I'm alone out there.

I have searched photos and websites for a month and can't find what I want. I'm looking for something that folds up when it's not being used. Maybe something that clamps on to a tube that is adjustable. If there isn't something like this on the market there should be. 

Any suggestions?  Thinking I might have to have something made. The boat is an action craft 1820.

I live on Merritt Island. I like the ones pictured above but don't have any way to Stow it in the down position, it would never fit on my boat. That's my concern I don't want some big thing sticking up on the boat, I was hoping for something that would fold out of the way. We have a very good local welding shop that does all kinds of marine welding and they can make me something if I could just figure out what I want.

15 hours ago, 38p6 said:

I live on Merritt Island. I like the ones pictured above but don't have any way to Stow it in the down position, it would never fit on my boat. That's my concern I don't want some big thing sticking up on the boat, I was hoping for something that would fold out of the way. We have a very good local welding shop that does all kinds of marine welding and they can make me something if I could just figure out what I want.

https://treasure.craigslist.org/bpo/d/port-salerno-fishmaster-lean-bar-for/6989531934.html

there is one on Craigslist for $40. Im sure you could mount tubes on the bottom of the platform to slide it in, then use lock pins so its removable

35 minutes ago, flatsdoctor said:

38 p6

Those SS bars don't "fold" but are easily removed for storage 

There are several on action weldings website that fold forward for storage. I either want something like that or something that can  come off and go back on upside down for storage. 

I had one on my 17MA that sounds like its what you want. Sold the boat, but these pics may help. 100% removable, I never used it, but adjusts up and down and solid as a rock. You can see where it attaches on the rear horizontal bar on the platform. The vertical adjustment can be seen in thebpic of the sissy bar, just loosen those bolts and slide it up or down.

20181123_160328.jpg

20181103_150438.jpg