Help Getting Engine Hours on 2004 Yamaha 150 VMAX

JohnB

1 hour ago, Shallowminded6 said:

You should be able to get a print out from your mechanic if they hook to the computer. I was told by my mechanic you can get the hours and what rpm they were at on all Yamahas post 2000. 

Not necessarily. I had a 2001 that was a non-computerized engine. No way to verify engine hrs other than having digital gauges with hour function. 

Under the cowl on the right side is a Deutsch  style plug with a cap. This will plug into a mechanics computer or with the right combination of chords into a laptop that has the Yamaha YES program on it. The program will give you a lot of historical information,  such as total hrs. As well as hrs in each rpm range. It will tell you how many times its ran hot and overreved. The program  is also useful for troubleshooting and tuning.  

• Like 1

This is the part that keeps me thinking that the software will not work for my motor. 

The OX66 do not have the same engine computer style setup as the HPDI's do. The self diagnostic's on a OX66 are done with a Diagnostic Indicator (special wire harness with flashing light). The HPDI's diagnostics are acsessed(sp) with a laptop computer running special Yamaha software. Only the laptop version will give you the engine hours(actually its ECM run time).

This kit will not work on all 2-stroke carbed, EFI(OX66) or carbed 4-stroke engines.