HELP!: Transom Brace - Maverick Label

whichwaysup

Hey all - 

Now that we're in the final stages of putting the MA back together, I've discovered (to my great disappointment) that the transom brace that distributes the pressure of the top engine mounting bolts has been lost.   This is what a generic replacement would look like:  https://www.amazon.com/Marine-TSP-1-Transom-Support-Plate/dp/B0000C6HZN/ref=sr_1_1?crid=14J9WPSLVCGZ3&dchild=1&keywords=transom+support+plate&psc=1&qid=1572445532&sprefix=transom+support%2Caps%2C179&sr=8-1

I'd really like to replace it with the original Maverick version (it said "Maverick" on it, I believe).   Anyone have any ideas where I'd be able to find one??

Man, with what you have gone through to repair that boat that stinks. If there is one laying around at maverick they should ship it to you free of charge. You have rebuilt your boat and never bashed the brand. You might want to call marine connection and flounder pounder surplus. 

• Like 1

Gus,

I have an extra set of these from Bob's Machine - brand new, never installed.  You could flip top one over to hide the text if preferred - smooth on the other side.  Sending you a PM shortly.

https://bobsmachine.com/product/transom-backing-plates/

Description

Bob’s Machine Shop’s transom backing plates.

A machined product, made out of cold rolled plate.  Unlike competitors that use a weak casting, our backing plates are made to last!

Includes both an upper and lower plate for all Standard BIA boat pattern motors.

Double top bolt option available, please select from Drop down window.

This is a good addition with the installation of a jack plate to help spread the load of the plate/engine across more of the transom than just the bolts/washers, and it looks great!

Custom engraving available with min quantity of 30 units, great for boat builders, dealerships, fishing and race clubs.