Sarting/House Battery

Shindig

The Platinum is a great battery. I think best bang for your buck is Sam's AGM Duracell made by East Penn. And can't go wrong with an Optima.

If I were you I would really consider adding another battery, or wiring a TM battery as an option.

I do have three batteries for the 36 volt trolling motor set up. I should have mentioned that in my post but was just trying to get some input specifically for the starting/house battery.

I ended up replacing my three trolling motor batteries which were all shot after a year and a half they were West Marines 27's made by Decka. I replaced them with Full River 31's AGM's.

As it turns out I load tested my starting battery and it is still good. It is also a West Marine 27 Dual purpose. When it is time to replace I will replace it with something different.

I have the same set up as you. I am running a DEKA AGM Group 31 for house/starter and 3 - DEKA AGM Group 27 for trolling motor. One of the TM batteries is set up for the 2nd starter/house as a back up. 4 years now and not a hiccup. 4 bank on board battery charger, charge up whenever I use the TM.

I received 2 starting wet cell batteries with the boat, I sold them the first week knowing I wanted AGMs and my dealer isn't(or wasn't) allowed to use them at the time.

Good luck.

Archived