Raymarine Transducer help

NNFD197

So I bought a 2013 Pathfinder with this flush mounted Raymarine unit. The previous owner said it didn’t have a transducer on it, and I assumed he knew what he was talking about since it’s his boat and it didn’t read the depth nor did it show any type of action on the screen as far as bait or fish or anything like that. Well once I brought it home I noticed a transducer cable coming out of the back of the unit and a airmar in hull puck like transducer at the end of it. My question is how do I get this bad boy to work? Should  I hear a faint pinging when the system is on? Did the transducer take a dump at some point? Thanks for your help.

055BF4B6-4008-4F5D-A9F4-D0724F56FA06.jpeg

You should be able to feel a slight vibration if you put your hand on the transducer. That only means that it is connected to the unit and getting some sort of signal. You can google Raymarine and find out if the transducer is compatible with your unit. Do you have the manual? If not, you can download a manual from the same web-site and try to troubleshoot.

I see you are wearing a Fire Dept. shirt. Are you still on the job?

• Like 1

I know nothing about RM products as I run Lowrance but I do know this....if my Lowrance unit is not set to read from the particular transducer(s) it will not display anything nor will it auto find them so I would think its an internal setting that YouTube would help you fine tune in a hurry.

• Like 1