Advice on selling my MA

jtsnooker

Hi everyone, unfortunately I have to sell my beloved 17 M.A. The hull is a 95 and the motor is a 2005 115 two stroke with about 1000 hours. The reason I’m having to sell it is the gas tank has a leak in it. I recently got an estimate of $3000 to fix it but I just don’t have the funds to spend on fixing it right now. I was going to wait til I do come up with the money to have it fixed but I don’t want to just leave it sitting for that long. The motor ran great before I noticed the gas tank leak back in June but I have not started it since. My question is what do you guys think would be a fair price to ask? 

The hull is in good shape but could use a good wax and an eventual rewire. It has a Lowrance 7inch gps/fish finder, 2bank on board charger, Jensen radio with 2 speakers, an 8 foot power pole with remote (may or may not keep on the boat), and  all coast guard equipment. The trailer is a 2009 continental and is in pretty good shape. 

I’ve owned the boat for 10 years and it has been great to me. Hopefully someone can buy it, fix the tank, and get many more years of use out of it. 

Again, I’m just wanting to figure out an asking price that would be fair. Thanks in advance for any advice you can give. 

469712D9-7D3E-4DFC-BF26-0AD27D667CDC.jpeg

46DBBF21-82A7-4561-B15E-8BB568474EED.jpeg

B34E37A2-2BD9-4FCF-A4C6-6C41314F5F6B.jpeg

D1F909B3-1E09-48C7-9B38-B8883481311F.jpeg

Thanks for the reply! I saw the post that you’re talking about and that is a great idea but one of the main things I love about the MA is the amount of storage they have and the tank set up under the seat would take a lot of storage space. However, if I can’t sell the boat that might be a good option. 

18 hours ago, HoneyB said:

One guy had a 17 MA listed for sale that he put nice poly tank under the seat when his tank sprung a leak.  You do not really have to sell it because of the tank and you can have it repaired when your ready. 

image.thumb.jpeg.059edf4fc502bc3bfc8566cdeb03699c.jpeg

Put poly tanks in until you can get the funds. Im sure it would be a few hundred for the poly tanks. Save for a year or 20. However long it takes. Will be a huge loss trying to sell with that type of issue IMO.